BlogLaughs

Friday, May 05, 2006

Stuff On My Cat

For every person who raved about Stuff On My Cat's "cute concept," another simply gave it low scores and refused to say much more than, "I hate this site."

"I love this site! If you're a person who hates cats, you probably won't see a shred of humor in this site; but if you're a cat lover like I am, if you've ever owned a cat, you have probably stacked stuff on your sleeping cat before, and can well appreciate the hilarity that ensues when dressing your cat in doll clothes or stuffing him into a box. Oh, yeah. Love this one. Spent much of my workday laughing at silly cat pictures. Makes me want to own a cat again."

"This blog occasionally makes me laugh, but it always makes me smile. The blog is fun and relaxing for a cat lover like me."

"Clean design and relatively few ads, but the content is repetitive. I know a lot of people love this site and check it daily, but I just don't see the humor value."

"This site creeps me out."

CONTENT - 5.4
"Sometimes this is the only thing that makes me laugh all day."

"Funny cat pictures, who could ask for anything more? Rated only a 9 because I feel there's slight room for improvement - some weren't as funny."

"None of this shit is funny."

"These are hilarious! The pictures are great and there aren't that many adverts. Like Overheard In New York it's great for a quick laugh."

"I find this particular page and its content to be extremely boring. While it is responsible for a light chuckle here and there, it is not something I would go back to read on a daily basis."

"Simple, silly concept but for what it is, it works."

DESIGN - 6.7
"On this blog, the pictures say it all. The captions could be wittier, but I rarely read them. Likewise, the design could be better, but is anyone really looking at it, anyway?"

"The design isn't brilliant but it doesn't need to be -- the cats speak for themselves."

"Simple and effective, but takes time to load."

"Simple enough, but the ad on the top of the page is kind of distracting."

"Boring. There is too much stuff on all of the pages and a person on dial-up would have a death of a time trying to load it. Sidebar is very cluttered as well."

"No real standout design to speak of. Not even a cat!"

WRITING QUALITY/GRAMMAR - 3.3
"There wasn't much in the way of writing."

"I guess there aren't any grammar mistakes in what little this blogger does write. It's hard to make a mistake when you only write one sentence. It's calling card is lots of pictures."

"What quality of writing? There are a few silly narrations. Sure, grammar pretty well intact, but big deal! There are only four word minimum captions. What's to screw up?"

"I slave over my blog to come up with something to write and these people post pictures of fucking cats? Big zero!!!"

INTANGIBLES - 8.4
"I would remove a point for clutter, lack of originality, boring narratives, Google ads and a PayPal donation button."

"I hate this blog, but there's nothing blog-wise that irritates me. I don't mind the ads."

FREQUENCY - 10
"From what I gather, they post quite frequently."

WOULD YOU READ THIS BLOG REGULARLY - 40% Yes
"YES! Bookmarked it! Sent the link to friends!"

"No, I'd stop by every once in a while."

"I would never, ever read this blog on a daily basis. I didn't even want to read it now!"

"Definitely good for a gimmick laugh but long-term might be hard without adding more features to keep readers interested."

OVERALL - 66.1
"It seems like a good site to look at when you need a quick laugh to bring you out of a quasi-funk."

"Simple, entertaining and lots of pictures. I like to check this site out every few weeks for cute things. The layout is clean and easy to navigate. Not really in-depth to capture a reader on a daily basis, but a fun site to surf and share with people nonetheless."

"Extremely unique and quirky site here. I'm not a cat person myself there are a ton of funny pictures here. This is not a blog you can read, but a blog you view. And the stuff to see cracked me up. There's an endless crap you can do to a cat."

"Cute pictures, not laugh-out-loud funny but kind of 'I can send this link to my 11-year-old niece' funny."

"Have I mentioned how much I hate this site?"

4 Comments:

  • Personally I really liked this blog. Yes, it doesn't get very in depth or anything, but the user submitted content is almost always unique and at least semi-funny. Although I will contend that you probably have to be an animal lover to really appreciate the site.

    By Blogger mojotek, at May 05, 2006 9:13 AM  

  • The people who don't like this blog *really* don't like this blog. Those numbers pushed the averages down in every category.

    For 40% of our reviewers to say they'd read it regularly, but for it to score lower than Fark really says something. (Only 25% of our reviewers would read Fark regularly.)

    In some respects, that number means as much as any other rating.

    By Blogger BlogLaughs, at May 05, 2006 10:54 AM  

  • "I slave over my blog to come up with something to write and these people post pictures of fucking cats? Big zero!!!"

    That is hilarious! I said the same thing about a featured blog on blogger. I might start doing the just photos thing and maybe my hit count will be higher.

    By Blogger Amy Ruiz Fritz, at May 05, 2006 6:55 PM  

  • Moo: I think there was only one reviewer who admitted they weren't much of a cat person who gave the blog favorable ratings.

    Sfchick74: Most people like a blog they can check in just a few seconds. A photo blog is perfect for that. ... Some of the blogs that are up for review this week do a good job of using photos in a humorous way without solely relying on the photo.

    By Blogger BlogLaughs, at May 07, 2006 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home