BlogLaughs

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Superficial

The main goal of The Superficial is “to make fun of as many people as possible.”

What's not to love about that?

According to most of our reviewers, The Superficial is “timely, witty,” and “just plain fun.”

The Superficial is such a fitting name. It's a blog that doesn't take itself too seriously. I normally couldn't give a rat's ass about what is happening in the lives of celebrities. But presented in a sarcastic and cynical way, I found it quite enjoyable.”

CONTENT – 8.2
“I'm not terribly interested in celebrity gossip, but even so, the scathing posts are hilarious.”

“Making fun of celebrities is pretty entertaining, usually. Wow! Tom Cruise is a horrible dancer.”

“I love this blog. Always have. It's ridiculous. I give it an 8 for saying what the whole world wants to but simply doesn't.”

DESIGN – 8.0
“I think they’ve done a really good job of having a splashy design that fits the content without going too far.”

“Modern, custom.”

“The header and background are perfect and the columns are displayed in such a way that the ads don't become obtrusive.”

“I like all the links for each of the little blurbs. Who doesn't enjoy the absurdities that are celebrities? Like they say, truth is stranger than fiction and sometimes more entertaining.”

“Not particularly interesting. I don’t like the mauve color.”

”Not crazy about the layout. Too cluttered with ads, but a 6 nevertheless.”

QUALITY OF WRITING/GRAMMAR – 8.1
“ Writing several clever, sarcastic posts every day is difficult.”

“The Katie Holmes bit made me laugh out loud. Literally.”

“There was a misspelling in a recent post title, but other than that I didn't notice many mistakes.”

“Smart and usually grammatically correct.”

INTANGIBLES – 6.6
“Takes too long to load.”

“Too many ads in the side bar and some of them are trying to pass themselves off as blog posts.”

“The ads detract from the overall appearance of the blog, but at least they seem to be more subtle.”

“Too many ads on the main page.”

“I'm not sure why, but this blog took a long time to load on my dialup connection at home. I had to give up and view it using the wireless connection at work.”

FREQUENCY - 10
“Frequent updating. Then again, celebrities always provide plenty of new material.”

WOULD YOU READ THIS BLOG REGULARLY – 77% Yes
“I already do.”

“I immediately put it in my bookmarks

“Surprisingly - yes.”

“Possibly. Not daily, but would check in once a week or so.”

“I would enjoy reading it on a regular basis, but I probably won't, simply because I can see it taking up far too much of my time. I got sucked in and spent a good 30-45 minutes on one post and its comments alone. I don't have time in my life for this much enjoyment!”

“I wouldn't read this blog regularly since all this gossip stuff is everywhere. For those really into celebrity news, they will love the stories and the writing. Overall, a really great blog.”

OVERALL – 91.5
This is the first blog we’ve rated that didn’t really have any ‘haters.’ The Superficial scored high in every category except for intangibles, mainly for the number of ads, pictures, and multimedia.

“I think the blog is well-organized, well-presented. Each entry gives a picture and a paragraph or two, and that is generally enough information to leave me feeling satisfied whether or not I decide to 'jump' to see more. The format is nice, easy to use, and follow. There's not so many links that annoy me like other blogs.”

2 Comments:

  • Wow... it really is pretty funny. I usually hate blogs that focus on celebrities, but if their focus is really on bashing them, then I LOVE it!

    By Blogger mojotek, at May 10, 2006 12:12 PM  

  • Yeah, I think they really do a good job of what they do.

    The bad thing is that some of the celebrity news is so outlandish, I'm sure some of the readers don't appreciate the humourous take on things.

    By Blogger BlogLaughs, at May 10, 2006 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home