BlogLaughs

Monday, January 22, 2007

Ingrown Brain Stem

Ingrown Brain Stem drew a couple of fans and a couple of detractors, but most of our reviewers were relatively indifferent about this site.

"I can see why a lot of people like this blog. I just don't get it."

We didn't get a lot of comments to go with our ratings this week, but most of them had this same apologetic quality to them.

CONTENT – 6.4
“He keeps his posts relatively short, which is nice. There's nothing I hate more than bloggers who go on and on and on. And he's pretty funny. I can relate to a lot of what he has to say.”

“It looks like a lot of work goes into finding all the things he writes about, but it's a bit of overload. I prefer blogs that go into more detail about one or two topics, rather than posts with a whole mess of topics. I also like blogs with personal stories, and I only came across one of those; the one about his grandmother.”

“Nothing about this blog stood out for me.”

“Is it me, or are we seeing a lot of people who are utilizing links in their blogs and passing it off as being original material. Yes, once in awhile, a link to a news story is fine. Some original content around that news story, great! But, one sentence with a link? Oh Lord. I was so bored. I can surf the web on my own, thank you very much.”

“My score would have been much higher if there weren't posts like Ass Rape Isn't Always Funny. He's wrong. It's never funny. That aside I dig his cynical and sarcastic wit and he had me laughing out loud quite a few times. I almost fell off my chair reading Jesus of Zombia.”

“I think this guy is funny, but the site just doesn’t do it for me.”

DESIGN – 6.7
“Well done. I like the zombie motif. I would have went with a 10, but there were some items along the side panel that made no sense to me.”

“It's pretty basic, but it's easy to read, which is all that really matters to me.”

“I suppose it's fine. It's neat, organized with a relatively clean sidebar, though, I would suggest rolling up that blogroll. And, that header is kind of obscure, though I think it is a part of the whole Zombie theme. Maybe I'm too old to get it.”

“Clean and simple.”

“Relatively simple design, easy to read.”

QUALITY OF WRITING/GRAMMAR – 7.2
“When he really writes, the writing is well-done. Pretty good grammar too.”

“I didn't see come across any grammar errors, but I also wasn't wowed with any of the writing.”

“I didn't notice any major errors.”

“This is hard to apply a number to because most of the content is not original. The parts that he does write are cute at best. Yes, I realize that the word ‘cute’ will probably irritate the author, but frankly, Scarlett … yeah.”

INTANGIBLES – 5.5
“No pet peeves here.”

“He links to the Animal Rescue site, so he has my heart right there. The sidebar is long as hell, but at least it's nice and neat. He just seems like the kind of guy I'd really like if I knew him in real life.”

“One point for the shitty blog award proudly displayed in the sidebar. Five points for the animal rescue site logo/link. Minus one for the Amazon crap. Minus one for the genuflections, because self-praise sucks ass.”

“His side bar is too messy.”

“The profile picture freaks me out but not near as much as the sidebar. It’s neat and organized but most of it is unnecessary. It makes the whole site feel awkward.”

FREQUENCY – 6.0
Copygodd posts about three times a week.”

WOULD YOU READ THIS BLOG REGULARLY – 34% Yes
“He has a good take on a variety of topics, but it's not quite funny enough for me. I'd check on it now and again, but I wouldn't add it to my favorites.”

“Actually I do read this one every so often.”

“We read some of the same blogs, but I don’t read his. It's OK but just doesn’t do anything for me.”

“Yes.”

“No, though, it isn't the worst one you have made us review.”

OVERALL – 70.9

4 Comments:

  • Wow...talk about a mixed bag.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at January 25, 2007 7:44 AM  

  • Phoenix: I think we're going to have a lot of that the next couple of weeks. I may have to alter the schedule.

    Of course, it seems like every blog we review has a few "lovers" and "haters."

    By Blogger BlogLaughs, at January 25, 2007 8:44 AM  

  • copygodd is one of the funnest writers i know. he has been distracted by other things for awhile. but i'm sure he's still better than 99% out there.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 25, 2007 11:56 AM  

  • you like me! (sort of.) you really like me! (sort of.) or not. it's kind of hard to tell.

    thx for the review, though. some of the comments were spot-on, and i've addressed them back at the site. i even wrote a bit about how it feels to be reviewed, without linking to a single news story.

    and i agree with anon above: i am one of the funnest writers out there. funniest, though, evidently that's still open for debate.

    By Blogger copygodd, at January 25, 2007 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home