BlogLaughs

Monday, November 27, 2006

The Mighty Blog

Fans of The Mighty Blog really, really like The Mighty Blog.

Others felt like the blog was “juvenile.”

We get the feeling Mighty Dykerson and his fans don’t care.

CONTENT – 8.0
“I think I have a new favorite blog. Thanks for the link!”

“Overall, the blog is a little too frat-boyish for me to be in love with it. Don't get me wrong, I like the blog but it's a little more base and vulgar for me, without being clever enough to balance it out.”

“Entertaining, engaging, sometimes perversely funny.”

“This blog reminds me of something my 14-year-old cousin would love. A good read if you aren't looking for anything too deep and you don't mind at least one poop joke in every post. A few posts were really funny and unique, but there are just as many that where just a little too juvenile – more silly than witty.”

“Reminds me of Blog Ho or Pop Fizz, but with a deeper sense of humor. Very good stuff.”

“Not bad. Very funny at times. The Valentine’s Day post was laugh-out-loud hilarious. I enjoyed reading the work-related posts, though personally I would be too scared to venture into that territory.”

“The first post I read was the one about ‘If I Did It … .’ That’s like getting a leadoff home run. What a great post!”

“He comments on some of the blogs I visit. His comments are funnier than his posts. Just my opinion.”

“This is one of the funniest blogs I’ve ever read.”

“I liked this blog. Like Borat, sometimes it seems over the top for me, but you cannot deny that it is funny.”

DESIGN – 6.4
“In the name of all that is good, turn off the flashing lights! The cosmic bowling design is not working. Added a couple of points for the entertaining links on the sidebars.”

“The blinky shit turned me off, and I’ll never understand those sidebar comment things, but the logo is great. Find a Web designer to fix your blog and you’ll really have something.”

“I really like his template in that it fits the overall theme very well. It's easy to read, and it's pleasing to the eye.”

“Some of the formatting is off if you don't use IE for browsing. The blinking is a little obnoxious, but so is the writer so it goes with the theme. It's simple enough to navigate and I was thankful for the two-column layout. Three columns and blinking would have sent me into seizures.”

“Lackluster. However this is rated as high as it is because it's not too link heavy.”

QUALITY OF WRITING/GRAMMAR – 7.1
“I like his writing, but again ... I think my biggest beef with it is that it sometimes appeals to a lower common denominator than it has to. On the other hand, it's his choice how to write, so whom am I to criticize?”

“Not the greatest writer in the world, but he’s funny.”

“Despite the occasional overuse of the ellipses, deliberate misspellings (I hope 'edukational' isn't spelled like that), and self-created words; he does alright. Just a few annoyances, but none that make it too hard to read.”

“The writing didn’t do anything for me either way, which is a good thing. I didn’t see any glaring errors for a personal blog. I didn’t see anything that made me say, ‘This guy is a great writer,’ either. The quality of writing is OK.”

INTANGIBLES – 7.1
“Those blinking lights are fucking horrible."

“Other than the annoying lights, it’s a neat, uncluttered blog that I have no complaints about.”

“I feel weird about my review because while I like it, I think it could be more, and I know that comes off as arrogant. But it's honestly how I feel.”

“The monkey clown freaks me out.”

FREQUENCY – 6.0
“The Mighty Dykerson has averaged almost three posts a week the past six months.”

WOULD YOU READ THIS BLOG REGULARLY – 64% Yes
“Yes. I’m adding it to my links.”

“I might pop back in sometime.”

“No. I don't care for it. I think he's trying too hard to be funny. Seems forced to me.”

“I do. It's not one of the ones I read first, but I get around to it. I like it.”

“I'll check back occasionally. I can appreciate a little shameless and immature bullshitting every now and again.”

“Sure. Good stuff.”

OVERALL – 85.7

10 Comments:

  • I like Dyckerson, but that was never my intention. I wanted to hate him. I tried and tried and TRIED, but that creepy bastard won me over.

    By Blogger karla, at November 27, 2006 4:15 PM  

  • Oh Ms. Babble, you know I love you too. Even though your blog beat mine by a lousy 3/10ths of a point.

    As for the rest of you: Thanks for reviewing my high quality blog! Yes, I pride myself on my poop jokes and my mediocre writing style. It's perfect for my target audience, which is mainly composed of prisoners, bums, and retards. And I may replace the chasing lights with something a bit more subdued...like flashing neon, strobe lights, and a disco ball. Stay tuned!!

    By Blogger Mighty Dyckerson, at November 27, 2006 8:23 PM  

  • You two are so cute. I think it's amazingly perfect that you two are so close, even in this arena. Screw that Wombat fellow, you two should just get with the getting already.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 28, 2006 7:53 AM  

  • Andy, I couldn't agree more.

    What do you say, Ms. Babble? Your place or mine??

    By Blogger Mighty Dyckerson, at November 28, 2006 9:58 AM  

  • The Love Boat,
    Exciting and new.

    All aboard,
    We're expecting you.

    By Blogger BlogLaughs, at November 28, 2006 3:47 PM  

  • Best watch out Dyckerson! I'm coming for ya!!!

    By Blogger RevRee, at November 30, 2006 1:36 PM  

  • "...I think he's trying to hard to be funny. Seems forced to me.”

    That would be "too" hard, not "to". But, hey, who gives a rats dung.

    ...And what the Rita Hayworth!?!

    Mister Dyckerson, clearly this reviewer doesn't know funny. I love ya, baby! You rock!

    --Your #(?) Loving Retard

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 01, 2006 12:18 AM  

  • Stacy: I do. That's an editing mistake. :)

    I try to keep the comments from our reviewers intact (for better or worse), but that's a change I usually make. My bad.

    By Blogger BlogLaughs, at December 03, 2006 9:59 AM  

  • Dyckerson is a racist loser.

    Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 24, 2007 8:39 PM  

  • ^

    Another brilliant comment from one of my loyal fans! Thought you could get rid of me, didn't you???

    Don't mess with the Dyck. You'll get the shaft.

    By Blogger Mighty Dyckerson, at January 25, 2007 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home