BlogLaughs

Monday, March 05, 2007

All-American Girl’s Roadtrip

All-American Girl’s Roadtrip ended up with a pretty good review.

It made our Top-50. A few nice comments here and there. But the people who didn’t quite like it will surely send Road Chick to our Proverbial “grain of salt.”

CONTENT – 6.4
“It didn't strike me as a humor blog, more like a personal blog with anecdotes about the blogger's life. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't all that funny to me.”

“The content is pretty good, but the third-person writing is distracting.”

“How is any of this stuff funny? Parts of it are cute, but cute isn't funny.”

“There's not much for me to say except that this is a really nice blog -- fun, interesting, well written. “

“Uninteresting.”

“Sorry, but this content didn't hold my attention at all. I was terribly bored reading it. If this is a humor blog, I obviously don't get it.”

“The reviewer thinks the whole third-person shtick runs thin about halfway through the third post.”

“A little too self-involved. Only the 'pee/pea' post made me smile.”

“Nice blog. I liked it.”

DESIGN – 6.9
“Modified grey/green Blogger template. Gets the job done, but it sure as hell doesn't grab my attention.”

“Nice, clean design. Love the banner.”

“Basic blogger, but fairly clean.”

“Pretty cool, I guess.”

“Ho hum, but it's easy to read.”

“Nothing special, but nice color and easy to navigate.”

“Blogger template with a cool, custom logo. She uses a graphic with every post too. Nice.”

QUALITY OF WRITING/GRAMMAR – 7.2
“I like the easy-to-read, conversational writing style.”

“Her writing just it not to my taste, but she writes well enough. But enough of the third person, please!”

“Didn't see any errors.”

“I didn't see any problem with the writing besides the fact that it bored me to tears.”

“I kind of enjoy the third person voice.”

“The third-person writing is a gimmick. I get it. I imagine she keeps doing it to carry on the theme. I would probably enjoy the blog more if it was written in first-person, but it’s her damn blog. If it means that much to her, I’d suggest she keep it. If not, ditch it like a bad habit.”

INTANGIBLES – 8.0
“No ads, nothing distracting. Good job.”

“My only complaint is that some of the posts are a bit long.”

“This blog has a lot of potential. Make it funny!”

“I did not like how she writes in the 3rd person. I thought only Dennis Rodman talked like that.”

“I really wanted to like the blog more, because some of my peeps love it, but I just couldn't make the commitment.”

“Length, style and frequency varies a lot. What is this blog about?”

FREQUENCY – 7.0
“Road Chick averages about three to four posts a week.”

WOULD YOU READ THIS BLOG REGULARLY – 48% Yes
“Probably not.”

“Yes.”

“No way.”

“Yes. Love it!”

“I wouldn't read it every day. Seems like it's more for the MySpace crowd.”

“No.”

“Sure.”

“No, but I wish her well.”

OVERALL – 73.5

5 Comments:

  • Once again, it should be noted that Road Chick is one of our reviewers, but did not participate in reviewing her own blog.

    By Blogger BlogLaughs, at March 06, 2007 10:14 AM  

  • Not for lack of trying to review it, though.

    Thanks, y'all - it's appreciated.

    By Blogger Roadchick, at March 06, 2007 10:27 AM  

  • OK, you guys have not reviewed a blog in over 3 weeks. Would you hurry up and do 'This Is Hogshit' it's by far the funniest site you've ever chosen.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 26, 2007 11:52 AM  

  • No ads, nothing distracting. Good job.

    Good god... get off the "no ad" bandwagon already. If that's all it takes to make you not like a blog, then you should get into reading something else.

    By Blogger mojotek, at April 04, 2007 12:04 PM  

  • It's a good thing she didn't review her own blog - how biased can you say that would be?

    By Blogger Malnurtured Snay, at April 06, 2007 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home