BlogLaughs

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Gallery of the Absurd

Gallery of the Absurd is the home of Fourteen, a talented artist who “illustrates the sordid world of gossip and slander while trying to keep a straight face.”

Mixed reviews kept Gallery of the Absurd from scoring too high or low, but it did find a spot on our Top-50 list.

CONTENT – 6.1
Fourteen is quite a talented artist, but I don’t know how funny this is. Amusing, maybe.”

“Definitely bizarre. Good call on the Janet Jackson photo, though.”

“I didn't find it funny or even interesting or read-worthy.”

“Regular, timely posts.”

“Don't we rate humor blogs? I didn't laugh.”

DESIGN – 6.5
“Looks like a standard, three-column TypePad template.”

“Google ads-ick. Boring color scheme.”

“A little better than a standard template.”

QUALITY OF WRITING/GRAMMAR – 6.6
“Regular, timely posts; good use of grammar, spelling, punctuation and capitalization.”

“I don't see anything glaring.”

“The writing is OK, but the artwork is the star. She misspells a few words here and there but nothing bad.”

INTANGIBLES – 7.9
“I enjoy the original artwork on this blog. Therein is the true creativity of this particular blog. This would have garnered a ‘10’ if it were not for the ads in the side panel.”

“I think the whole blog is a peeve.”

“The ads on the side panel suck, but posting original artwork has got to be worth a few extra points somewhere.”

“I like anyone who has an ‘about’ page.”

FREQUENCY – 5.0
“Fourteen posts about two or three original pieces a week, from what we could tell.”

WOULD YOU READ THIS BLOG REGULARLY – 36% Yes
“Sure.”

“No.”

“Perhaps. I added it to my faves. Let's wait and see.”

“Not a chance.”

OVERALL – 69.3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home