BlogLaughs

Friday, August 25, 2006

The Plumbutt Chronicles

The Plumbutt Chronicles offers a satirical and sarcastic view on the entertainment, political and cultural fields.

Of course, when that is your goal, the comparisons are many.

CONTENT - 5.8
"A pale imitation of Perez Hilton and other more capable Hollywood gossip blogs, but never-the-less entertaining in spots. The sole saving grace for the content would be 'The Bikini Zone' which raises my score from a 4 to a 6."

"While I did find a couple of the videos to be mildly entertaining, for the most part I wouldn't classify this as a humor blog. I give it a ‘meh.’"

"Engaging."

"On the front page, it seemed like it was mostly just random pictures of celebrities, most of which were not flattering. I enjoy celebrity gossip, but this site just doesn't do it for me. It's OK, but I just don't think it's that funny."

"I'm not so much into the celebrity gossip stuff. Plus, I didn't think most of this stuff really counted as ‘humor.’"

DESIGN - 7.0
"Unique to this blogger."

"Middle-of-the-road fare. Nothing special, but not at all annoying either."

"I really liked the design. In fact, I like the design better than anything else."

"The layout was fairly clean and the theme seemed to be consistent. The only real problem was that the sidebar was a little chaotic and the listed recent rntries were all on the front page. Are people so lazy they can't scroll?"

"Something about it looks cluttered to me."

QUALITY OF WRITING/GRAMMAR - 5.9
"Good grammar; amusing."

"Quick hits of wit and humor that are fairly enjoyable to read, but not at all difficult to write."

"For not having much in the way of text, there were too many misspellings."

"The writing is just OK. Nothing special."

INTANGIBLES - 7.0
"Ads and click-throughs. I don't like it when blogs ask for submissions. It just seems lazy to me."

"Advertising is a bit annoying, but understandable. Sidebar badges are disorganized and distracting."

"Timely, engaging, non-trite celebutainment."

"I don’t care for ads, but this is tastefully done."

FREQUENCY - 10
"Plumbutt Chronicles features several posts each day."

WOULD YOU READ THIS BLOG REGULARLY - 27% Yes
"I don’t think so."

"Yep. Bookmarked it."

"No. If I want to read snarky commentary on Hollywood and politics, I'll read Perez Hilton or Just Jared."

"Occasionally."

OVERALL - 68.3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home