BlogLaughs

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Emails From Jesus

Emails From Jesus managed one of the Top-10 scores we’ve seen to date, but some of our reviewers believe that “style” is outweighing “substance” at this point.

“The idea behind this blog is great. The design is great. The only thing – the most important thing – is that it’s not always funny.”

CONTENT – 7.5
“They’ve already crossed the line. They might as well go ahead and piss all over the floor. You know what I mean? They need to let loose with some real fire and brimstone, wrath-of-God-style, hilarious, irreverent comebacks. I’m just not seeing it. Jesus and Satan need to really lash out at these people.”

“Almost always satisfying.”

“Didn't really trip my trigger.”

“Funny!”

“Great idea for a blog!”

DESIGN – 9.0
“Custom, unique, unfussy.”

“Love the Jesus and Satan graphics!”

“Clean and fairly simple. I like the headings in the sidebars. Clever.”

“What a great design! It tells you right up front what the blog is about. Well done.”

“Collection plate? Soul searching? Man, that shit is awesome. Nice blog.”

QUALITY OF WRITING/GRAMMAR – 7.2
“The writing is decent, nothing omnipotent.”

“Good grammar; writing always is enjoyable and makes me laugh.”

“You’d think Jesus and Satan could wrangle a few lessons from some of their eternal roommates.”

“Good stuff.”

INTANGIBLES – 7.1
“Jesus shouldn't need ads on His blog.”

"The little things at this blog are really good."

“Lots of ads and junk in the sidebars.”

“I think if we are going by Dec. 25th, Jesus is actually a Capricorn, not a Sagittarius.”

“That's too many ads.”

“I don’t like the ads, but some of the links Google picks are hilarious. The juxtaposition is great.”
FREQUENCY – 10
“JC and Stan answer a couple of e-mails every day.”

WOULD YOU READ THIS BLOG REGULARLY – 54% Yes
“I do. It’s on my side panel!”

“It was somewhat entertaining, but I doubt if I'll go back to read it again.”

“Yes, and it's not just the Catholic guilt talking.”

“No. It’s just not funny enough.”

“I've read it before. Too funny and a great, fun idea for a blog. Too many ads, though.”

OVERALL – 84.6
Emails From Jesus managed good scores in every category, but “room for improvement” isn’t always a bad thing.

“I think this blog shows great promise. It’s not there yet, but it’s definitely one to watch.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home