BlogLaughs

Monday, August 14, 2006

karlababble

Karlababble was nominated for a Best of Blogs award last year but failed to make the finals. Our reviewers believe that was a definite mistake.

“The design is very good and the writing is even better. Karlababble is a great blog.”

CONTENT – 8.0
“I didn't know that I'd find her writing so amusing. I know I shouldn't, but I often associate female bloggers with 'babble' in their blog name to be mommy bloggers whining about how bad their week has been. Karla does write about her life, but in a funny and witty way.”

“I enjoyed the cock soup and aggressive plumbing posts.”

“This is a very good weekly blog.”

“Anyone who claims one of their interests is ‘poking children with sticks’ is OK in my book.”

“Funny.”

“She’s a better-than-average mommy blogger, but she’s still a mommy blogger.”

DESIGN – 8.6
“I love this layout. I might steal it. It's clean and neat. The colors don't make me go blind, but soothe me into the content.”

“Professional, neat, unique.”

“Obviously this was a professional template created specifically for her blog, so its laid out very well and the content areas are separated without hurting the eyes. The only negative I can give it is that the block theme doesn't really encourage your eyes to move down the page, but that's really just personal preference.”

“The colors do nothing for me, but it’s a very good design.”

“It's visually pleasing, nice and clean, but I found it a little difficult to navigate.”

“Nice design. She has a link to the guy who did it too. Yeah, baby!”

QUALITY OF WRITING/GRAMMAR – 8.4
“Good use of grammar, punctuation and spelling. Content of posts are almost always has ‘meat on the bones,’ and is satisfying to read.”

“The witty tangents she runs with are probably the funniest part of her posts.”

“She’s a good writer. Not every post is funny, but the writing is solid.”

INTANGIBLES – 8.3
“Long posts, but the writing is pretty good, so I don't mind much.”

“I think this is a good example of how a blog can be done well without having to resort to begging and ads.”

“She doesn't appear to post every day. As a reader, I'd much rather read when a blogger has something of substance to post rather than just posting for the sake of posting.”

“It probably helps that the picture she uses of herself on the side of the main page is attractive. Hot blogger chicks always excite me.”

“Some of the posts are too long. I hate long posts.”

FREQUENCY – 2.0
“Karla usually posts once a week.”

WOULD YOU READ THIS BLOG REGULARLY – 73% Yes
“Sure. It’s amusing.”

“Uhhhhhhhh, no.”

“Currently, I do. She's on my sidepanel.”

“Yes, I actually just put her in my feed reader for humor blogs.”

“Probably.”

OVERALL – 86.0
Karlababble managed very good ratings in every category except for frequency. But again, that’s only worth 5 percent of the final score. No perfect scores from any of our reviewers, but lots of 8s and 9s pushed karlababble toward the top of our ratings.

2 Comments:

  • I've always found her blog extremely funny. Good choice!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 14, 2006 2:24 PM  

  • I posted just one time on her site. And in response, she proceeded to hound me incessantly, until I was intimidated into commenting on every post. Using extortion to inflate the popularity of one's blog IMHO is an unfair practice. Just thought you should know that it's not all "harmless" humor over at karlababble.

    By Blogger puerileuwaite, at November 14, 2006 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home