BlogLaughs

Monday, July 17, 2006

BifSniff Funny Cartoons

BifSniff Funny Cartoons, our latest Best of Blogs humor finalist, had a more difficult time with our reviewers than Dead Guy, The Cartoon ... even though some will always compare the two.

"It’s OK, but not as good as Dead Guy."

"It’s another once-a-week cartoon. How good can it be?"

CONTENT - 6.6
"Half of the cartoons are kind of funny. That’s a perfect 5 from me."

"Amusing."

"I'm a sucker for puns and silly jokes."

"This is funny!!!"

DESIGN - 7.0
"The design is OK, but a little confusing the first time you visit."

"The quality of the cartoons is top-notch."

"Bright, direct."

"I find it interesting that more space is given over to the sidebar than to the main content of the site."

"It would be nice to see more cartoons on the front page as opposed to having to click through to the archives."

"A tad cluttered."

WRITING - 6.6
"The writing is fairly clever."

"It’s a weekly cartoon. I can’t give this blog the same score I would give to someone who writes a regular blog."

"Very good writing."

INTANGIBLES - 6.6
"This blog seems to have a minor ad infestation."

"The fact that you can copy a few lines of code and put their weekly cartoon on your own site is the most positive intangible I’ve seen at any blog. Throw in all the different ways to subscribe to feeds and they’ve got me hooked."

"Getting three blogs in one is nice, but the ads and confusing nature of this blog bother me."

"I had some trouble looking at cartoons from previous months. It gave me a ‘page not found error’ message. I did enjoy looking at the ‘musings’ part of the blog. It would be nice if those were updated a little more frequently."

FREQUENCY - 2.0
"BifSniff features a new cartoon every Friday."

WOULD YOU READ THIS BLOG REGULARLY - 46% Yes
"I gave it a shot a few months ago, but I haven’t been back since."

"Eh ... dunno."

"Sure."

"No."

OVERALL - 71.9
BifSniff Funny Cartoons managed average scores in every category except frequency. Luckily, frequency only counts for 5 percent of the score.

"It’s a good blog. I just wish they posted more frequently."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home