BlogLaughs

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Banana Blograma

One of our reviewers called Banana Blograma, “a poor man’s The Onion.”

“That’s not a dig, that’s a complement. It’s just difficult for one funny guy to compare with the most hilarious parody newspaper in the world. This guy should work for The Onion.”

One of our other reviewers gave it the worst individual review we’ve had. See if you can pick out which comments were made by that reviewer.

CONTENT – 7.1
“The variety of posts is great. I never expect what I get when I come here. Very funny.”

“Not my thing. I was bored.”

“It's like The Onion only more insane.”

“I damn near lost my lunch that in successive fashion, there were posts involving the already-tedious term ‘Brangelina’ and posts with photos of Bob Uecker, Carrot Top, and Howie Mandel. Suddenly, I have that funny, (not funny ha-ha, but funny peculiar) bitter, pre-puke taste in my mouth. Someone fetch me a bucket.”

DESIGN – 6.4
“Basic Blogger template that’s been manipulated to make it even more ugly. Woo hoo!”

“The quality of the PhotoShop work is not always great. Still funny.”

“It's your basic Blogspot layout. The side bar is a little chaotic, but it doesn't make my eyes hurt too much.”

“The Blogger template is actually not bad, but the site is cluttered with random items.”

“Basic Blogger template. Eh, but tolerable.”

QUALITY OF WRITING/GRAMMAR – 6.5
“The ideas behind almost every one of these pieces are brilliant. I usually just get the basic joke, laugh, and then move along. For some reason the writing doesn’t grab me. It’s better than average, but not great.”

“Funny stuff. No complaints here.”

“Not bad in general. He needs to stop trying to talk Ebonics though. It's not working. He tries too hard.”

“This makes me wonder if the author of that blog truly thinks that Milli Vanilli or William Hung were talented. I'm not amused.”

INTANGIBLES – 6.4
“Ads are bad.”

“I don't like blogrolls that are a mile long, they convey no useful information to me. I expect a blogroll to be a list of sites the author recommends for my reading, not a random listing of everyone in the blogosphere. Too many annoying ads and buttons.”

“What’s this guy’s name? Cowbell Gene? Jamwall? Banana Gene? That kind of stuff is confusing. I don’t like the ads either.”

“Trite. Played out. I loathe blogs with advertisements.”

FREQUENCY – 5.0
“Gene posts about two or three times a week.”

WOULD YOU READ THIS BLOG REGULARLY – 56% Yes
“Yes. It’s fucking hilarious.”

“No.”

“Already do.”

“Yes. Anyone who uses the cowbell jamming Will Ferrell as a profile image on their blog definitely needs to be read daily.”

“Do I have to spell it out?” [No.]

OVERALL – 77.5
The scores for content were better than the other categories, but a couple of really low individual scores dropped everything. The reviewer who gave Banana Blograma our new low individual score said, “Even if the author was mentally impaired, I'd still have a secret distaste for this blog.”

Luckily for Gene, not everyone feels that way.

“I love this blog. Banana Blograma skewers everyone and everything! More cowbell!”

4 Comments:

  • Hello,

    The team of www.brainwashcafe.blogspot.com has chosen your website as one of the ten best blogs on the internet. On behalf of the whole team I am awarding you the editor's choice award. We have set up a link and a short description of your blog under the heading of Editors Choice on our website. Best of luck and keep up the good work on your blog.

    PS. I hope you dont mind we added your link to our website. If you do, you can contact us at the email adress on our blog.

    Sincerely,
    Yasser

    By Blogger yasser, at July 19, 2006 7:06 PM  

  • Thanks, Yasser. I blathered on at your site. I don't know what else to say.

    Everyone please check out Brainwash Cafe. Good stuff.

    By Blogger BlogLaughs, at July 20, 2006 7:52 AM  

  • i love the fact that i've created reactions that range from both extremes, either hilarity or complete revulsion.

    i'm feeling very tingly right now.

    By Blogger jamwall, at July 20, 2006 11:53 AM  

  • Always glad to help. :)

    Actually, I'm always surprised by the range of opinions from our reviewers. And I'll never be able to pigeon-hole any of their reviews before I see it.

    My real-life best friend reviews every blog too, and I can't even predict the scores he's going to give.

    By Blogger BlogLaughs, at July 20, 2006 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home