BlogLaughs

Friday, July 21, 2006

The Sneeze

A lot of our reviewers liked it The Sneeze, but describing why they liked or disliked is another story.

"I’m not sure which part is zine and which part is blog, but The Sneeze is awfully damn good."

CONTENT – 7.5
"I can’t for the life of me figure out a way to describe this, but I like The Sneeze. It’s always different. It’s out there. It’s very good."

"A variety of topics that kept me highly entertained. This blog had me laughing out loud, in the office, which can be quite embarrassing."

"Regular, amusing posts."

"I enjoyed the randomness. The posts about Van Gough and his kid's artwork were entertaining. The cabbage post was hilarious."

DESIGN – 7.6
"Original, uncluttered, easy to navigate."

"I like the orange and grey (or is it gray)." [Both are acceptable.]

"The design is better than average. I can’t describe it."

QUALITY OF WRITING/GRAMMAR – 7.3
"This blog is always so different, I’ve never really thought about how good the writing is. It’s funny. I guess the writing is OK."

"Good grammar, amusing topics."

"Good writing."

INTANGIBLES – 5.6
"No comments allowed is always a bummer. The ads aren't too bad, but I still don't like them."

"I wish the author would go a little easier on the ads."

"There used to always be something that freaked out my computer when I went there. I don’t know if it was an ad or what, but it doesn’t seem as bad as it used to. I’m going to give it a lower score in this category just because something unexplainably intangible about this site isn’t that great. It has ads and a few other things that are easy to point out, but I just can’t describe it."

FREQUENCY – 5.0
"Steven averages about 2-3 posts a week. He hasn’t posted as much lately, but we’ll give him the benefit of the doubt."

WOULD YOU READ THIS BLOG REGULARLY – 60% Yes
"Yes"

"No"

"I do. It's on my side panel."

"I’ve been reading The Sneeze for about a year."

OVERALL – 81.3
The scores were kind of all over the place, but it’s nice that most of our reviewers agreed on their lack of ability to describe The Sneeze. That’s got to mean something.

"I like this blog, but it’s a fucking mystery to me. I guess I need to dig in the archives."

2 Comments:

  • I think it's a good tactic to have comments once in a blue moon depending on the blog.

    I don't have a problem with ads on The Sneeze, it's not cluttered like some blogs I've seen.

    By Blogger Dear AL, at July 22, 2006 10:27 AM  

  • We never hear of the Sneeze, but we will check it out as soon as we have a chance.

    Al, you are everywhere! You are not related to Rockchild, are you? Can't wait to see his review!

    By Blogger The Dormitory Boys, at July 23, 2006 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home