BlogLaughs

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

WFMU’s Beware of the Blog

WFMU’s Beware of the Blog is a clearinghouse for all things entertaining.

Your mileage may vary, but you’re bound to find something that interests you if you look hard enough.

CONTENT – 7.2
“Funny stuff, but you really have to dig around.”

“I did enjoy the post about the Solid Gold dancers. I loved Andy Gibb on that show.”

“I’ll admit, I don’t have the patience to check out everything they post, but some of it is very interesting.”

“The Jean Shepherd reference was pretty funny. It's a little too techy for my taste, but I did get a chuckle or two out of it.”

“It kind of reminds me of Fark. There is a lot of good stuff but it’s kind of scatter-shot.”

DESIGN – 5.8
“Ever heard of ‘less is more?’”

“Way too much going on here.”

“Not a fan of white and yellow text on black.”

“I don’t know what else you can do with that much stuff, but someone ought to give it a try.”

QUALITY OF WRITING/GRAMMAR – 8.2
“Every post features solid work from professional writers.”

“The funny stuff usually isn’t the writing, but the writing is very good.”

“Real writers who actually know grammar rules. A rarity among blogs.”

INTANGIBLES – 7.0
“The only thing that bothers me is the information overload.”

“Click-throughs are just a little annoying. My short attention span can't handle the long posts.”

“No ads. None of the usual pet peeves.”

FREQUENCY – 10.0
WFMU makes several posts each day.”

WOULD YOU READ THIS BLOG REGULARLY – 48% Yes
“I do!”

“No.”

“I check in every now and then, but I can’t handle it everyday.”

“I doubt it.”

OVERALL – 80.7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home