BlogLaughs

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Mommy Needs Coffee

Yahoo! lists Mommy Needs Coffee as one of the most humorous blogs on the Internet.

Our reviewers seemed to walk on eggshells a little bit, but they still didn’t find much to make them laugh.

CONTENT – 5.8
“Jenn seems like a very nice person, a decent personal blogger, but I didn’t find anything all that funny.”

“Normal everyday mom-type issues. I can relate.”

“I'm just not a fan of mommy blogs, most of their content is unrelatable for me.”

“Blogher, Blogher, Blogher, mommy blogs, mommy wars, 9/11, Steve Irwin, and happy birthday to my teenager. And that was only September. She's not funny. She's not interesting. She is just another sweet mommy blogger making her own space in the world. I liked her story on hair violations though. Induced two or three chuckles.”

“She's a professional blogger.”

“I believe this is the prototypical mommy blog. It’s sweet, honest, and heartfelt but doesn’t have the zing of Dooce or Karlababble.”

DESIGN – 5.0
“The main graphic is nice, the background is OK, but the color of the sidebars is annoying as hell! What color is that? It looks like my poop after eating blueberry pancakes!”

“The sidebars are chaotic. It takes away from the content in the middle. And I know this is picky, but the page scrolled kinda weird making it more difficult to read.”

“Hate it. It's drab in color. Three columns mean a whole lot of nothing in the sidebars. Boring.”

“The sidebars are terrible. The colors aren’t attractive and don’t go together.”

QUALITY OF WRITING/GRAMMAR – 5.6
“The writing is OK for a blog.”

“She writes in conversational tone. I like that. However, she makes a lot of typos. As a grammar Nazi, I find that to be really annoying. Not a huge deal, I just wish she would re-read before hitting ‘post.’”

“I have to deduct a point because I saw ‘high-healed shoes.’”

“Typical mommy blog fare.”

INTANGIBLES – 3.8
“Too many ads and buttons.”

“Ads. Everywhere. Ads. Too much self-promotion going on. I've gotten a bunch of recognition for my writing as well, but I don't load my sidebars up with it. Just Google me to find my greatness. I hate all the blinkies. It makes me have seizures.”

“She is obviously a member of every blogging group on the planet.”

“Busy, busy, busy.”

FREQUENCY – 6.0
“Jenn has averaged about three posts a week the past six months.”

WOULD YOU READ THIS BLOG REGULARLY – 12% Yes
“Noooooooooooooo!”

“Not on a bet.”

“Ummmmm … no.”

“No, thank you.”

“I don’t think so.”

“Yes. I was entertained.”

OVERALL – 62.0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home