BlogLaughs

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Dead Guy. The Cartoon.

Mixed reviews kept Dead Guy. The Cartoon from getting too high on our list, but it still made it into our Top-10.

“If you are not into satirical humor, there is no way in hell you will enjoy Dead Guy. Me personally? I think he is the funniest bitch alive. Seriously. Bar none. He is mindless humor that makes me giddy and on occasion, hurts my widdle head.”

“Kinda, sorta funny sometimes. It’s a good blog, but it definitely shouldn’t have won the Best of Blog competition.”

CONTENT – 7.6
“Quality humor there!”

“He covers a wide range of topics that are all of interest to me.”

“While I enjoy the occasional cartoon, this one didn't do much for me. It wasn't awful, but not my taste in humor.”

“Hey this stuff is funny!”

“Witty and hilarious Web comics.”

DESIGN – 7.8
“Gorgeous black and red death schematic happenin' here. Perfect for the death motif.”

“I don't like the black background.”

“Straightforward, too black. I almost thought it could have been a goth blog if I didn't read the content.”

“Easy on the eyes and easy to navigate.”

“I'm not crazy about the black, but I get it.”

“Could use a little nicer template, but still simple and easy to read.”

QUALITY OF WRITING/GRAMMAR – 7.8
“If a picture is worth a thousand words, then Dead Guy has a lock on the blog world. The writing, what little there is, is always interesting and grammar is never an issue for dead things.”

“Amusing.”

“Not too bad, but you can’t compare this to someone who actually writes a blog everyday.”

“Always funny and clever. I actually don't see him making many mistakes if at all.”

INTANGIBLES – 8.7
“It’s a quick read without a lot of ads or blinky shit. That’s good.”

“They tried to hide, but I saw those ads!”

“Great Web comic, but apparently he's going on hiatus for a bit.”

“I hate the Google ads on top. The sidebar is enormous but he had the good sense to stick it under all of his cartoon goodness. I only remove half a point for that faux pas.

FREQUENCY – 2.0
Dead Guy posted a new cartoon once a week prior to going on a recent hiatus.”

“If anyone gives him a low grade for frequency just because Dead Guy is a weekly cartoon, then I'm afraid I'll have to take it as a personal offense. Getting back into the office on Monday mornings, seeing the coworkers' faces and facing the same old workload is never easy. I used to hate Mondays with a passion. Thanks to Dead Guy, I now have something to look forward to on those days.”

[The score for frequency is a simple matter of mathematics. A weekly post should not get the same amount of points as someone who posts everyday. If it’s any solace, this category is only worth 5% of the final score. It must come into play, but shouldn’t be an overwhelming factor.]

WOULD YOU READ THIS BLOG REGULARLY – 61% Yes
“I'm bookmarking it ASAP.”

“There's no way that I can quit reading this blog regularly.”

“I'd check in sometimes, but wouldn't read it everyday.”

“He has a decent feed, so I’ll check it out for a while.”

“Hell, no!”

“Been there, done that, slept with the dead guy.”

OVERALL – 82.5
“I hope he definitely makes a return. He hasn't been gone long (since June 11, 2006), but if I go a couple weeks without reading one of his strips, I'll be upset.”

4 Comments:

  • Sure. They all get averaged together anyway.

    I have a couple of people who always seem to gravitate toward 6.5 or 7.5 scores. That's no problem at all.

    By Blogger BlogLaughs, at June 23, 2006 8:24 AM  

  • Huh...I need to throw in a 7.21 in there to make people think I'm employing some high level mathmematical formula.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at June 23, 2006 8:38 AM  

  • I would certainly expect that from you, Phoenix. :)

    By Blogger BlogLaughs, at June 23, 2006 8:41 AM  

  • Apparently Ignatius is going to be coming back afterall... or not. He's teasing us now I think.

    And damn... fractional scores would have been so much more useful if I had realized it was just an average to begin with. Oh well, I'll be scoring a few categories 7.21 here in the future.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 06, 2006 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home