BlogLaughs

Friday, June 09, 2006

Go Fug Yourself

The process at Go Fug Yourself is pretty simple:
  1. Celebrities are pictured wearing ridiculous clothes.
  2. Heather and Jessica make fun of them.
“It's cruelly minimalist, pictures of celebrities at their worst followed by brutal commentary. Fantastic!”

“I don’t give two shits about fashion, but this site is genuinely funny. The more you explore this site, the more you’ll love it.”

CONTENT - 8.0
“Clever, witty, vicious, bitchy, catty, and just plain wonderful.”

“Love the photos.”

“Great idea for a blog.”

DESIGN - 7.2
“I don’t mind the ads too much, but the design is a little too pedestrian for me.”

“Except for the annoying ad sidebar, it's a pretty clean design.”

“Straightforward, nothing fancy, yet nothing interfering with the fug.”

QUALITY OF WRITING/GRAMMAR - 8.5
“Great comedic writing.”

“Engaging and regular posts.”

INTANGIBLES - 6.8
"Ads and no comments, both negatives and deserving of demerits.”

"The ads kind of annoy me more than some of the other gossip blogs just because the design is so simple. ... That didn't necessarily make sense, but I'm still giving it a 7."

FREQUENCY - 10
“At least one post every weekday, sometimes two.”

“They seem to update regularly, which is always a plus.”

WOULD YOU READ THIS BLOG REGULARLY - 75% Yes
“Doesn't everybody read it regularly already?”

“I already do. Very guilty pleasure.”

“Surprisingly, yes. I just knew I’d hate this blog, but I was wrong. Thanks for reviewing this one.”

OVERALL - 89.8
“I love this blog! The frightening photos of celebrities' styles gone wild, the catty/sarcastic comments most of which mirror my own thoughts, and mostly short posts. What's not to love? Well, the ads, of course.”

2 Comments:

  • I don't get how more people like that Dooce blog than Go Fug Yourself.

    By the way, they used to have comments, but I think the commenting got out of hand.

    By Blogger Amy Ruiz Fritz, at June 09, 2006 9:30 PM  

  • Well, you could get 50 other reviewers to use our scale and it might be the other way around. Our collective opinion of Cute Overload and Stuff on My Cat, for instance, was obviously much lower than the 50 reviewers who chose the finalists for the 2006 Bloggies.

    I think its more important for both Dooce and Fug to be recognized as "really good blogs." The ratings are always going to be subjective.

    As far as taking comments, I think it always gets out of hand at really popular blogs. There will always be people out there who like to start arguments.

    By Blogger BlogLaughs, at June 10, 2006 7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home