BlogLaughs

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Waiter Rant

Waiter Rant managed one of our highest reviews to date, with an average score of 92.6.

"Waiter Rant is the Godfather of all anonymous bloggers. His blog is big-time, but the content just keeps getting better. I hope his growing popularity never forces him to change the content. His stories are priceless."

"If every blogger out there miraculously got book deals, there are only two bloggers’ books I would actually read. And one of them is Waiter Rant."

CONTENT - 8.6
"Regular, timely, engaging posts."

"Engaging. Being a foodie and dining out frequently, it's interesting to see the flip side of things."

"I started reading Waiter Rant a long time ago. Every once in awhile I return to it. It's sort of like an old familiar friend. See them once in awhile, you enjoy the time together. See them daily, you get sick of them fairly quickly. I like when Waiter Rant is relaying funny stories as opposed to sappy, sweet stories or the stories that teach us we should all gather around a campfire singing Kumbaya."

"This blog is blowing up. I heard a news story about it on XM, and friends keep emailing me the link. People just seem to love reading about life in the service industry."

"Waiter Rant isn’t always funny, but his stories about restaurant life are always entertaining."

DESIGN - 7.2
"I like his new design better than the old one, but it’s still not all that great. Kind of boring."

"Reads like a good menu. Nice and clean."

"The page loaded really slowly for me and the background looks a little shoddy (especially on the footer). I'm viewing this in Firefox, so I can't speak to its appearance in IE."

QUALITY OF WRITING/GRAMMAR - 9.4
"Waiter is probably the finest writer of any writer on the Internet. Period."

"I have no qualms whatsoever with the quality of writing or grammar at Waiter Rant. It's actually a very well written blog as far as those qualities go."

"Very well written."

"The entries are unique and interesting."

INTANGIBLES - 7.1
"Seeing ads on the sides of stories is like seeing a fly in your soup or watching a waiter blow his nose and wipe it on the back of his hand. It makes me want to vomit. Here's a tip, Waiter. Lose the ads, the broken links, and the PayPal logo!"

"Took away points for design."

"The posts tend to be on the long side, but in this case I actually don't mind. The guy really tells a story well."

"The ads are a little annoying, but the tip jar is a nice touch. I might get one of his t-shirts one of these days."

FREQUENCY - 6.0
"Waiter averages about three posts a week."

WOULD YOU READ THIS BLOG REGULARLY - 75% Yes
"I already do."

"I probably won't come back to read this blog. I had high expectations of this blog, but was a little let down. It's somewhat interesting, and there's some nice insight. But it's not really very entertaining or funny."

"Yes! My kinda blog."

"Nah. I prefer to dine alone."

"I stopped reading Waiter Rant once, but the more I read, the more I love it. I can’t imagine not reading every post these days."

OVERALL - 92.6
Waiter Rant managed to tie Blogography for the highest score for content (8.6), while shattering our old record for quality of writing/grammar (9.4). All of the other categories were better than average, but not high enough to overtake our Top-3 blogs.

"No matter whether you plan to read this blog often, at least take a minute to check out the advice on tipping. It's truly eye-opening."

3 Comments:

  • "If every blogger out there miraculously got book deals, there are only two bloggers’ books I would actually read. And one of them is Waiter Rant."

    The second one is mine, right? C'mon, please tell me it's mine.

    *wink*

    CP.

    By Blogger CP, at June 28, 2006 12:04 AM  

  • It's funny that I didn't even notice the ads on that page. I guess I like the content so much that I just was too engrossed to care about the sidebars.

    Or I was just too tired when I looked at it. ;)

    By Blogger Amy Ruiz Fritz, at June 28, 2006 11:04 PM  

  • Since Waiter's posts are not on a regular schedule, his site is perfect for RSS feed through a free service like Bloglines.

    He provides a complete feed, so you get the full text of each post without an extra click and without being burdened by ads in the sidebar.

    Besides, if he doesn't post you don't waste your time visiting his site just to see if he posted.

    I have more than 100 blogs on my daily reads. There is no way I could check them all out without Bloglines.

    By Blogger BlogLaughs, at June 29, 2006 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home